Saturday 26 October 2013

Review: Eve Pearl Products (HD Dual foundation, HD pressed powder, dual salmon concealer and Priming Moisturizer)



Found out about Eve Pearl from her you tube channel and how she beautifully transforms her clients from NAHH to WOW!! What first caught my eye was her HD foundation and her salmon concealer. I put this into my wishlist and finally bought it with a few extra items that I wanted to try for myself which is the HD pressed powder and priming moisturizer with Astaxanthin.

Customer service:

Before buying, I contacted them asking which shade to get and they were so friendly and prompt that they suggested I send them my pictures in natural light so they could determine my skin color. I admit I was too lazy to take a picture so I just follow what my instinct told me and picked up the kit in the color "tan".

After I received the package, I found out that the color "tan" was too dark for my skintone so I contacted them saying that the color was too dark for me. They had 40 days return policy which is amazing but I was so busy in University that I forgot to return them and when I got free, it was already too late. It was careless in my part but their customer service is just amazing! Even when I had application difficulty, they did not hesitate to help me. GOOD WORK EVE PEARL!


PRODUCTS:

EVE PEARL HD FOUNDATION IN TAN


Packaging is quite simple and sleek, when you open it there is an extra hard plastic covering the foundation so the mirror doesn't get dirty. There is also another compartment to store a sponge.

I could not use this for personal use but it did not stop me from using it on my clients. I love how it makes the skin look flawless without looking like you had foundation on. It looks natural whilst also covering your imperfections and smoothing out wrinkles.







Application:

Eve Pearl suggests that you apply using her method, I copy/paste this info from her website:


The "Eve Pearl Method":

Reverse Contouring

Define your cheek bones and achieve a flawless finish in three easy steps:


1. Apply side 1, the lighter side of the foundation on your eyelids and below your cheeks (above the jawline). Use one side of the Foundation brush.


2. Apply side 2, the darker side of the foundation on your cheeks, chin, nose, forehead and/or anywhere you have redness, discoloration and need extra coverage. Use the other side of the Foundation brush.


3. Use a damp non-latex sponge to blend the foundation into your skin to achieve a smooth, flawless finish.


Tip: The more damp the sponge, the more sheer the coverage of your foundation. Versatile for Full, Medium or Sheer finish.



My thoughts:

I find that I only use the lighter shade for my clients because the dark side is just too dark for them. The color is so universal, It suits most Pakistanis/Indian and that is just talking about only one side of the foundation.

The name high definition means that it looks good in natural and flash photography. I highly recommend using this foundation for photography purposes as it looks natural and no white cast from flash. It is suitable for all ages/skin type. I tried it on a teenager,adult and elderly and they all looked amazing. I do recommend setting with powder if you are oily skinned.
Here is a picture of some of my clients using the Eve Pearl HD foundation:





Eve Pearl Dual Salmon Concealer in Medium/Tan





I got the dual salmon concealer because I could not decide which shade I was on. Its definitely a salmon color which is supposed to correct dark circles. Her salmon concealer is one of her signature products.

Application:

I found that when applied with fingers, it creased after 5 seconds due to its creaminess. I do recommend blending with a damp sponge and setting with powder to minimize this.

My thoughts:

Due to its creaminess, it is very hydrating to the eye, even without eye cream, you can still pull it off. But creaminess means it will also crease more but that can be avoided when applying with damp sponge and a powder to set. 

I am sorry to say that this concealer lacks coverage. You can use this as a corrector and apply other concealer or foundation on top but on its own,it does not fully cover my dark circles.  I do need to apply a second layer for it to show up.

Climate change is also the issue here, I reach for the darker concealer more during winter, when my skin is on the paler side and my dark circles are more prominent and reach for the lighter one during summer when my dark circles are not that prominent. Its a win-win situation really. During the summer, I found that I need to store this concealer in the fridge because it melts.

It is best that you get a shade darker than your foundation color. Eg. If you are using the medium HD foundation, getting a salmon concealer in tan is your best bet.



Without concealer
 Concealer  not blended
R- Medium Shade
L- Tan shade
 One layer concealer
 Two layer concealer
 Set with powder

Eve Pearl HD Dual Pressed Powder in Tan

This product I rarely use but I find it is great for contouring with the darker shade. It does not make your face look orange like some other bronzer. I could not comment on the staying power and its application as a setting powder as I do not use it for that purpose. 




Eve Pearl Priming Moisturizer with Astaxanthin

This moisturizer looks like your normal moisturizer but it moisturize and primes your face for makeup. I reach for this mostly when I am travelling as I dont have to carry a saperate moisturizer,primer and eye cream. Its multipurpose! However, I cannot comment on the skincare benefits because I only use it only when travelling. No positive and negative things to say actually.


Overall comments:

I would only repurchase the HD dual foundation but not the other products mentioned here. Would love to try her other products as I just adore this brand. Eve is an amazing makeup artist and I am greatly inspired by her.

0 comments:

Post a Comment