Sunday 13 October 2013

Review: Urban Decay Primer Potion Original/Sin (My HG eye primer)

Urban Decay says their Primer Potion is "the most legendary primer in the beauty industry. Eyeshadow Primer Potion is coveted by makeup artists and makeup junkies alike because it guarantees more vibrant eyeshadow that lasts for 24 hours and NEVER CREASES! Once you experience its powers (plus how smoothly it glides on an added bonus) you'll never want to live without it."

Eye primer is one of those things that I thought I dont need. I didnt find it important to use eye primer and also eyeshadows never look good on me. I thought probably my eyelids are saggy or ugly or something that it never looks good and it creases like a mother.

A few years ago this eye primer received such a big hype and fuss that I decided to try it. I dont know if this eye primer or my favourite nyx jumbo eyepencil in milk is doing this, but my eyeshadow just pops more and it stay for hours and hours without smudging. Being a South Asian myself, our eyes have very little lid space so eyeliner or eyeshadow creases and usually after few hours there a black line on my lids.

But, thank god to this eye primer, my eyeshadow stay put and vibrant and most importantly doesnt crease!!
I first tried it when I bought my Urban Decay Naked Palette and with it they gave a small tube of this Primer Potion. Once I tried and loved it, I knew I had to buy the big bottle. I got it in duos, one is the original primer potion which is colorless and blends into your skin and the other has a brown shimmer shade to it. Both supposed to make your eyeshadow stay put.



R- Urban Decay Primer potion in Sin
L- Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original

I love the packaging, makes it look like a real potion for witches.heheehe



Swatch:
R- Sin color
L- Original (skin color)

Blended in :
R- Sin (goldy bronze color)
L- Original


The original color just blend into your skin into nothing, so it doesnt leave your skin a different color.
The sin color has a slight gold-y brown shimmer to it. I have never tried this with eyeshadow. I usually put this all over my lid and finish off with a winged eyeliner. This gives a big glow and color to my lid whilst also keeping my eyeliner from creasing. Here is a picture with the sin color on:



Overall this is my everyday staple when going out and I am loving the sin color more and more each day. It brightens your eyes and give a subtle eyeshadow look.

Other uses: 
The original color you can also apply on your undereye to stop your concealer from creasing
The sin color can be applied as a highlighter,to highlight cheekbones, brow bones, cupids bow. It might not work for light to medium skintones.

0 comments:

Post a Comment