Monday 14 October 2013

Review: Revlon Photoready liquid makeup SPF 20

This Revlon Photoready is one of the most hyped liquid foundation from Revlon other than Revlon Colorstay. Received almost 1900 reviews on makeupalley, I definitely have to have it!

I first bought it few years back and still have tons of the product left. It claims to give an airbrush finish to the skin which is also "photo-ready", that will look good in pictures.

Revlon has its own lines of  the photoready line consisting of liquid foundation, primer, airbrush mousse, cream blush, blush palette, eye primer + brightener, bronzer, concealer, powders, mascara.

First things first, it has an SPF 20 which provides a bit of sun protection whilst also covers your imperfections at the same time. If you swatch it on your hand, you see tiny specks of glitter on it but on your face its barely noticeable unless you are looking 1 inch from the mirror,then you do see shininess of the glitter. I do get uncomfortable after seeing this in the mirror so I usually use it for night-time when its less visible.

I should also mention that this foundation is specifically for dry skin to normal skin as oily ladies will look more oily than they already are. Amazing for dry skin as it gives their skin a lift. For oily skin ladies, Revlon Colorstay is the best option.

Applied with my Sigma F80 brush this gives such a lovely finish, semi-matte finish whilst also giving a lovely glow to the face. It is medium coverage but it does covers most of the redness and imperfections. As for the "photo-ready" claim, you can judge it for yourself from the pictures I posted. It doesnt leave a white cast to the face as some foundation with SPF do, which is a plus but it also gives your face the lit from within glow.

I love the color of this foundation as it is the only foundation that matches my skintone. I dont know whats the problem with the makeup helper of a high end brand ,they never match your skintone, either its too light or too dark. I always kick myself in the butt whenever the color doesnt match me after paying a lot of money for that specific foundation. Oh well, you gain some you lose some. Now I will be sticking to matching my own foundation rather than asking help from this people.

Packaging is quite good, its made out of thick glass and it has a pump, *cough* to high end foundation that doesnt have a pump. I dropped this foundation today on a marble floor and it didnt crack, thank god! But the pump broke *sad* ;(

This foundation was one of my favourite foundation until I found BB cream, which is multiple times better than foundation.

You can buy them online from Pakistan at just4girls.pk website for Rs 2150.


Ok enough chit chat and lets go to the pictures:











0 comments:

Post a Comment