Saturday 24 January 2015

How to cover undereye circles for Asian/Pakistani/Indian

We Asians have a curse of inheriting very dark undereye circles. Its impossible to even find an eye cream that works. Surgery is definitely not the answer. So we opt for covering it with makeup.

One thing that I learned from youtube and on the internet is:

1) use 2 shades lighter than your skintone
2) use color corrector to cancel out your purple/blue dark circles, In this case, a peach/orange concealer.

I say these two things DOES NOT WORK on its own. If I use 2 shades lighter than my skintone.  You know like the kim kardashian magic undereye highlight. In my attempt to try this, I look like a bloody racoon. Its so obvious that I am hiding something under it.

Color corrector seems to be ideal but it never does fully cover my dark circles. Usually color correctors come in a cream form which lead to "CAKEY & WRINKLED UNDEREYE". There is nothing flattering about dry, racoon, wrinkly undereye.

This is the method that works for my VERY DARK UNDEREYE CIRCLES:

  • apply "generously" undereye cream right after you wash your face and let it settle in while you change or in my case " look myself in the mirror" ( I love applying makeup, its my YOGA) 
  • After the eye cream settled in, apply an EYESHADOW BASE on your dark circles, this ensure that the concealer will not crease and keep them in place.
  • Apply Garnier BB roll on in a tilted triangle shape GENEROUSLY. No worries we will blend later with a damp sponge.
  • Apply Amazing Cosmetics Amazing concealer in Tan, this is a dark peach color which counteracts the dark undereye circle. let it settle in while you finish your eye makeup.

Application:

I have been trying to find the perfect undereye application and find that either using a "damp sponge" or/and using "a brush SPRITZ WITH SETTING SPRAY" WORKS, I emphasize this because a brush "without" spritz of setting spray means CAKEY mess!! You want your undereye to look PLUMP and brightened.
Garnier tinted BB roll on

Apply generously

Without blending, apply the amazing cosmetics concealer on top of the garnier concealer ONLY on the dark circles

Looks sooo freaky right

Blending with a damp beauty blender sponge

Ta- Da! Dark circles be gone!!



1 comment:

  1. Great blog post and really helpful...... and your blog are very interesting and inspiring.


    Dark circles

    ReplyDelete