Tuesday 4 November 2014

How to use: Makeup GeekRave Gel Eyeliner Review

I bought Rave Gel Liner from Makeup geek when I saw You tuber Emily Noel rave about this specific shade to use on the lower lid. It looks so gorgeous on her but frankly when I applied it on myself, I was REALLY DISAPPOINTED!!

The swatches on my hands were gorgeous. It was a mixture of gunmetal and brown with silver shimmer but it varies at different lighting. On my lower lids, it just looks like a gunmetal shade, none of the brown showed up. Frustrated as I was, I tried applying it on my top lid. Another disappointment! It was barely visible on my Asian hooded lid and it CREASE LIKE CRAZY!!! I don't know whats wrong with me.

In attempt to not lose hope, I tried apply this as a base under my shadows. I had a trial on my hand and layered different shadows on top of the gel liner and here's what I found (Pictures below):

  • Use Medium-Dark Shimmer eyeshadows ONLY!
  • DO NOT use MATTE eyeshadows on top of this. It does not blend well with the gel liner.
  • DO NOT use LIGHT eyeshadow on top of this, the shimmer in the light shadow will just stand out as silver mess.



More metallic gray in this angle

More brown in other angle






Light eyeshadow on top, only silver shimmer is visible

Medium-Dark shade: Looks gorgeous

Both same color but different finishes:
1) Blue matte eyeshadow
2) Blue Shimmery eyeshadow
The one with shimmer (2) blended better than the matte one (1)

On top of a white base (NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk)

Rule of thumb:

  • Use shimmer base on top of shimmer eyeshadow.
  • Use white base if you want the color to show its true colors on the lid especially light eyeshadows.
  • Use dark/black base to show the beautiful shimmer in pigments/ dark eyeshadow.





0 comments:

Post a Comment