Thursday 24 October 2013

Review: The FACE SHOP Power Perfection Face it BB cream SPF 37 PA++ (HOLY GRAIL ALERT)

Drum roll please everyone!!! *thump thump thump* MY ONE AND ONLY LOVE "The FACE SHOP Power Perfection BB cream"

Ok enough of this crap and lets continue with the review and pictures!

The Face Shop is a makeup brand originated in Korea. It has opened its shop all across Asia, still waiting for it to come to Pakistan though,fingers crossed, but it wont be anytime soon though cause korean makeup is not exposed in Pakistan.

Description
  • A ‘3-in-1’ BB cream (anti-wrinkle, whitening, sun protection) with perfect  coverage
  • Total Skin Treatment BB cream(Special ingredients for rejuvenating skin): actively addresses all skin problems such as loss of firmness, dry skin, uneven skin texture and dull complexion
  • Better makeup results (flawless coverage + good adherence + long lasting):
- Provides perfect coverage without being thick on the skin.
- Contains coated powder similar to skin cells which offers great adherence.
- It leaves skin feeling comfortable, providing delicate and long-lasting makeup results.

Bought this BB cream few years back, its holy moly H-U-G-E!! it contains 40 ml of product which is 20 percent more product than what you get in your regular foundation. It retails for $50+ brunei dollars (this brand is sort of high end). It only comes in two shades, 01 Light Beige and 02 Natural Beige. 01 Light Beige is super duper pale, I think anyone with NC10 can only use it. I bought the 02 Natural Beige which is still too light for my NC25-30 skintone.  This product definitely wont fit tan skintones, your will look too white in this. Oh, it is also sold in 20ml, Im soo pissed cause when I bought it,they didnt have this in 20ml.

BB creams are created by these asian makeup companies and afterwards brand like Maybelline, Garnier, L'oreal made their own versions of BB cream. I havent tried those brands but dont think I will ever need to!! This BB cream is already perfection in a bottle!

Love the purple packaging and it also comes with an upside down pump, weird but also useful!

This BB cream gives medium-full coverage so a little goes a very long way. I find that if I put too much, I will look ghostly white.

Application:

 1) I usually put small dots on my face and blend with a brush and apply contour and bronzing afterward to darken it a bit.
2) No bronzing just blend the bb cream down my neck
3) Most of the time I will mix this BB Cream with my dark colored foundation. It definitely improves your normal foundation when mixed with this.

Whenever I use this BB cream, people always give me compliments that my skin look soo flawless but in actual its soo far from it. This BB cream really does wonders on your face, it gives your face that extra oomph and glow. It does have a brightening effect in it. Oh this product sets to a matte finish but still having that glow from within look, damn I dont know how to explain it but its awesome!! Hats off to the product having SPF 37! Be careful when taking flash photography, it does tend to look more white than it actually is like my picture down here.






I do have to admit, in this photos I mix the bb cream with my other foundation but seriously without this bb cream, it wont look like this!!

Ratings:  4/5...... Wouldve given this 5/5 if it werent for the limited shade choice. I would love if they have my color in this BB cream.

P/s: Now that I look at this picture now, it looks too white so I avoid using it alone and instead mix it with my Nars Sheer Glow foundation that is too dark for me.

If you need a white foundation to counteract your dark foundation ( sometimes we accidentally get the wrong color), give this a try! It has all the wonderful properties plus it can lighten your foundation.

Update 15/1/16: I now use it as a base to highlight my face and contour with another foundation so it wont look too light.


0 comments:

Post a Comment