Wednesday 16 July 2014

Laneige BB Cushion Review

BB Cushion struck my attention when they placed BB cream in a whole different package; in a compact but instead of a powder or creamy like they soak the BB cream in a sponge which they call "cushion". I originally thought the cushion is like a porous rock from the picture but when I went to the store, it is actually like a very soft sponge.

This is the description from Laneige:



"The revolutionary 5-in-1 BB in a convenient compact. Go beyond your regular BB cream. Broad-spectrum SPF 50 blocks harmful UVA/UVB rays, while skin perfecting Optimal Mineral Water cools and hydrates upon application. Prevent shine and brighten skin by visibly reducing dark spots. Patented air cushion distributes just the right amount of BB cream. Apply whenever and wherever you want, with no buildup or bother. All day flawless skin is just 1 step away with BB Cushion.
  • Health Concern: Sun Protection, Skin Discoloration
  • Used For: Sun Protection, color correction
  • For Use On: Face
  • Product Form: Liquid
  • Scent: Scented
  • SPF: 50+ "


BB cream with a lots of sample sachet of their products
A typical compact


Open the puff compartment 

Sponge soaked in BB cream

The puff

The refill opened

Packaging:

The picture says it all.
You definitely can just buy the refill but apparently it dries quickly without the compact. The compact acts like a barrier to prevent the sponge from drying up.

Application:


I specifically love the way to apply it. They come with a tailor made puff sponge which you have to tap inside the "cushion" one or twice to get the product then dab it onto your face, i mean DAB DAB DAB ONLY! You cannot rub it on your face otherwise it will not give you the best application. 

Generally all BB creams are recommended to apply in a dabbing motion. Lets face it, not all of us prefer to use it that way but with this compact, you do not have the option. You also save time and mess because you don't have to put the foundation on the back of your hand to spread the product. The sponge DOES THIS FOR YOU!

It is also good for travelling, you don't have to bring all your liquid foundation and brushes separate, its all in one in one compact! 


Price:

I bought it for about US 32, one compact contains 0.5 oz of product; half of what you get in a normal liquid foundation. They also give a free refill, which is another 0.5 oz product. Basically your getting a full foundation product plus with the sponge and the the puff. Its quite affordable if your think that way. 

I believe the Etude House and Tonymoly BB cushion does not provide a free refill even though it might be more cheaper. 

Shade:


They come in four shades:

I currently use the #23 Sand Beige and I am in NC25-30 in Mac. I did have #21 tried on my face and I actually don't see any difference. #23 is a pinch light with my skin tone but I really don't mind.

Coverage:

It does have a light-medium coverage. I have a red zit in this picture and it is still visible. I had to use a separate concealer to cover up my zit. I did not use it for my under eye though cause I have really dark under eye. 

Before

After



Obviously you could still see my zit coming through. Otherwise my imperfections were concealed and it also brightens your complexion. I believe it also due to the patting motion of the BB cream that does the job. The cushion spreads the product out when you dab the puff onto it.

Overall I am totally in love with this BB cream, if in the future I do finish this BB cream, I might clean the cushion and soak the cushion with my other BB cream for example my fav BB cream.

Eyebrows done by this amazing brow powder by Laneige Brow shaping kit

Update 1/09/14: I tried washing the sponge with cleansing oil makeup remover and normal bar soap, the sponge become more dirty. Whenever I try to push the product out, there's this oily residue coming out of the sponge and I'm seriously disgusted. I do blame this for the spots on my chin. I wish they sell the puff separately.

Update 10/18/14: Tried washing them again, they do look clean but some parts still have residue in them. BTW, if you feel you are not getting product from the cushion anymore, flip the cushion over and you will see that there are more of it remaining.

0 comments:

Post a Comment