Wednesday 6 November 2013

Review: Bobbi Brown Corrector and Concealer kit

What is all the hype surrounding this corrector and concealer? Read my detailed review on this product!

Bobbi brown is famous for their correctors and they come in a big range of shades occupying the needs of pale skintones to dark ebony skintones. They come in different shades of bisque and peach.

I have been searching for the perfect concealer for my dark undereye circle and they recommend to apply the corrector first then the concealer and top of with the powder provided in the kit. I was quite skeptical at first because the texture of this corrector is waxy and less creamy but it seemed that it makes the corrector stay in place. It contains less product than what you get on a normal concealer but trust me a little goes a very long way!


Bobbi Brown Corrector


Bobbi Brown Concealer and Powder

Left- Corrector in Peach
Right- Concealer in Warm Beige

Without product

After- Bobbi Brown Corrector+Concealer and Powder


Over a few years, this corrector and concealer was forgotten into my graveyards of concealer. Not because it didnt perform well but because I just had sooo sooo many concealers to use up.

One fine day, I looked at this product and im like "well, i havent used this for a while". So I picked up my concealer brush to apply and blend with a damp wedge sponge. I just cannot believe my eyes, the corrector itself corrects my dark undereye circles and suddenly I dont have dark circles anymore!! I was super happy and decided " nahh..im just gonna use the corrector since it already covers my dark circles". But I tried applyingthe concealer on top of the corrector and I'm amazed! Truly amazed! I saw a whole new light of perfectly concealed dark circles. The concealer actually has a use for it, it actually brightens the eye. Now I know why they recommend this two product together, Corrector= Cancels dark circles and Concealer= Brightens dark circles. No wonder my dark circles never seem fully covered when using other concealers. Well of course due to my bad fine lines, it does tend to crease but that can be avoided when applied with damp sponge and powder on top.

If you only have budget for one of the product, I would strongly recommend getting the corrector. As the concealer part, you could just use your normal concealer which is a  few shades lighter than your skintone to brighten or perhaps apply your foundation on top.

The corrector you cannot miss, eventhough I tried a peach color concealer from other brand, eg. eve pearl salmon concealer, Benefit Erase paste, I find that it didn't fully correct my dark circles. This specific Peach color I got really did all the work. I recommend you go to the Bobbi Brown counter and get yourself match because a spot on corrector shade will make your dark circle a 100 times better. The makeup artist matched me to Peach in the corrector and Warm Beige in the concealer.

As of the pressed powder included in this kit, I don't find its necessary as my Ben Nye Banana Powder dupe does a better job at brightening and setting my undereye concelaer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment