Sunday 18 August 2013

Ben nye Banana Powder Dupe: PHB ethical beauty cosmetics: Lemon Color Corrector



This company struck my attention when they claimed to be vegan,halal certificate and all natural. Of course who wouldnt want to have good things to put on our faces right?? They have quite a variety of products like their skincare and cosmetics. All of their cosmetics are mineral loose powders; bronzers,foundation,concealer,color correctors, eyeshadow except for their lipsticks.

BUT..............


what caught my eye the most is the lemon correctors. This straight away reminds me of the much raved "Ben Nye banana powder" . I have been wanting this powder for ages but due to my location in Pakistan, its difficult to get get hold of them due to shipping and everything. 

I've always wanted to have the kim kardashian glow because kim kardashians makeup artist uses this ben nye for her undereye.


So here is an alternative that I got for this oh so famous ben nye banana powder.




Without Concealer and Powder

With Concealer

After powder

Application:

I take my damp beauty blender and stipple this baby on my undereye area. Using a damp wedge sponge might be better as it can place the product precisely. 

BEWARE: use a little amount only..do not pack this on too much otherwise in pictures you will have a yellow cast under your eye

Packaging:

The good thing about this product is that it comes in a typical mineral loose powder packaging as compared to the Ben nye Banana powder which is much difficult to maneuver due to the small opening of the product. You tend to lose a lot of product that way than with this powder.

Ben nye is a theatrical makeup, the product will probably have less to no skincare benefits meanwhile this powder is all natural and vegan so it wont agitate your skin.

Price:


Price wise i think ben nye is much more cheaper than this powder,i got this for $32 dollars. But it is much more convenient for me to get this product. It definitely is not the cheaper dupe of the Banana powder. Quantity wise you get less product with this with the amount of money you pay. But seriously how am I ever gonna finish it, its not like you're gonna use a whole ton of product. A little goes a long way!!

Finish:

I really love how it totally brightens my undereye area on top of a concealer. If you look closely, without the powder, my undereye looks shiny and after applying the powder, it looks matte and brightens the eye. I never tried without a concealer because my undereyes are really damn dark. I cant wait to try the other skincare products!

Update 15/1/16:  I now mix this yellow powder with my unused pink powder to make the perfect undereye setting powder. It is too yellow for me to use this color alone.

Update 29/3/16: Finally got my hands on the Ben Nye Banana powder and its safe to say they are quite different. The Ben Nye Banana powder is more on the warm yellow-orangey side meanwhile the PHB lemon corrector is more bright lemon yellow color.  PHB is more brightening and lighter.

Lipstick used here is : Wet n Wild Smokin hot pink! LOVE IT!

Alternative dupe:

Soap and glory trick and treatment concealer. Although this is a liquid concealer which is yellow in color. It might suit people who have more dry undereyes. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment