Saturday 18 October 2014

Contouring for Asian/Malay skintones + Revlon Matte Rich Sable Review

I've been wanting to learn how to contour properly for ages now. Since before yesterday, it was a complete disaster!! I tried with all different bronzers, dark shade of concealer/foundation, it never sit right on my face. 

I have watched tons of contouring videos and I realized what these people used for contouring is for their own skin colors (mostly white people). Whenever I tried those product that they recommend, the colors just look too "orange" on my face like oompa-loompa.

Few misconceptions that people tend to do:


  1. Contouring powder and bronzers are two VERY DIFFERENT THINGS! DO NOT use BRONZER as your contouring product, other wise you will look "jaundiced" 
  2. Contour powders are darker brown/grey and bronzers are more "orange/red tone"

So I was getting ready for a wedding yesterday, and I looked at my NATURAL contours, I thought " it is quite dark than my own skintone" so I scavenge through my makeup collection, looking for color that suits my natural contour and finally found it. Its an eye shadow from Revlon Matte in Rich Sable!! It is very pigmented, only one swipe gets the product going.

Application:

First thing I did was apply my foundation to even out my skin, 

Then taking the Real Technique Contour Brush is dip it into the shadow "lightly" and follow the contour of my face, underneath cheekbones and onto my nose. This is the contour powder I have been looking for my big and plump NOSE!! It looks like my nose was slimmer!! 

Next, I use the same brush with my bronzer  "Bourjois Delice de Poudre" (smells like chocolate BTW) to blend the contour powder.

We Asians/ Malays are known for our small nose, getting the perfect contour powder is out of this world! I have NC25-30-35 skintone and it matches me perfectly when blended out.
Left to right: contour color, bronzer and brush



Use for contouring
Use for bronzing and blending out contour color







Other uses of the Revlon Matte Rich Sable:

  1. For contouring
  2. For eyebrows
  3. For coloring the crease of the eye
  4. For lining the eyes either top or bottom
I have been using this eyeshadow for filling my eyebrows for ages and recently found its an amazing crease color for your eye, no reddish/orange tone to them. LOVING IT! Its a multitasking product literally you can just bring this eyeshadow for travelling to save space!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment