Sunday 12 October 2014

Urban Decay Liquid Liner in Radium Dupe: Diana of London Diana Elegant Liner in Blue

         
I am so obsessed with Cobalt Blue colored eyeliner, I have been trying to find the dupe for ages. Last month, I went to Malaysia and to Sephora where I saw the Urban Decay liner on its shelf. I was over the moon, but upon seeing the price, I thought, "Am I ever going to use this? Is it worth it?". So I left Sephora with an empty hand except for Sephora #57 brush and Benefit That Real Mascara. *Wink wink*



On to my story on how I found the dupe:

One of my colleagues at work was passing by me and her eyeliner wow-ed me. This is the eyeliner I have been looking for but where did she get it. I instantly went to her and without hesitation asked her where did she get the eyeliner from. She showed me the eyeliner in her purse, I thought "Diana of London"; the company brand. I have seen this brand in Pakistan, thinking I should give this a try. The very next day I got this in the shade Blue and tried it on myself. 

"Diana of London Diana Elegant Liner in Blue"

My thoughts:

The first time I swatched in on my hand and applied on my eyes, I was thinking "doesn't seem like a cobalt blue color to me, seemed like a dark blue color". I was quite upset with it. After a few minutes after it had set, I checked in the mirror again, and angels were literally singing "this is the cobalt blue I wanted". 

Packaging:

If you compare the brush with the dupe one, it is identical; both have thin liner brush. So method of application will be similar to Urban Decay.


Comparing with this Urban Decay Liner picture from google


Difference in finish:


 I realized, the dupe one is a matte liner, not like Urban Decay liner which has shimmer in it. I prefer matte more than shimmer because I think its more wearable but the colors are identical. This liner oxidises from dark blue to cobalt blue as shown in the picture below. The color varies with intensity of application, if you keep on layering the liner, it will stay dark blue but with one layer you get the cobalt blue color. HELL YEAH! 2 COLORS IN ONE LINER.
The color varies from every angle, some angle it looks darker and other angle it looks cobalt blue.


Price:


Urban Decay Liner costs $19 (pricing in US but when bought internationally will be much more expensive) whilst this liner cost $ 8 ( PKR 825). 

Freshly applied

After half and hour



Filter alert:I applied this liner at the end of the day. I need to photoshop this picture, you can see my pores.


I am really impressed with this brand, I will definitely try their other products. I heard their lipsticks are quite good. Availability of this brand: it is widely available in Pakistan. Since this is a London brand, you might get it internationally. Check out their website www.dianaoflondon.com 

Update 18/10/14:
I love the brush applicator, I feel the fine brush makes for a perfect cat eye. LOVE LOVE IT!








0 comments:

Post a Comment