Friday 13 April 2018

Recircle Menstrual Cup Review

I have always been on a look out for alternative ways to menstrual pads. We throw out so much waste and to think of it for eg 4 pads change a day= 4 * 7(7days for per cycle per month) * 12(one year) = 336 pads per year * 30 (years,our whole menstrual years) = 10,080 pads,

10,080 PADS for EACH FEMALE in their lifetime!

Look how much WASTE we are producing and where does it all go? To the dump obviously which causes more land pollution to the ALREADY polluted world. 

On my venture to find out the alternative, tampons came into my mind. the thought of putting in this little alien inside my vagina scares me but the stories I read about Toxic Shock Syndrome (TSS) related to tampons scares me more. There are certain rules and regulations to this product not to mention they are chemical based, so you dont know what you are putting in. there are sizes too that you have to think about, the heavier the days, the thicker the tampon and vice versa. COME ON...now I have to get different sizes for different days? NO WAY!!

So I stuck to pads for as long as I can remember. Washable pads? Seems like a good idea but it will be too messy and dirty especially if you put it in the washer. 

Comes this REVOLUTIONARY product, 


MENSTRUAL CUP








For some of you, this might be your first time hearing about it. But let me tell you first what this is. 

First lets list the pros and cons of a pad and a menstrual cup



            
PADS

     Þ   10,080 PADS a LIFETIME
     Þ   Disposable                                   
     Þ   Lots of waste produced


     Þ   Lots of costs to buy all the pads

     Þ   Need to replace pads every 3-4 hours.


CUP

     Þ   One cup for 10 years
     Þ   Reusable

     Þ   No wastage, as you just flush the blood collected in the cup

     Þ   Rs 2,000 per cup in 10 years


     Þ   Need to clear the cup every 6-12 hours depending on blood flow. 



It is a SILICONE MEDICAL grade product with the shape of a long cup with a tail at the end. They have their uses.. First the material is soft so that you can enter them into your vagina easily. the top of the cup act as a suction to prevent leakage and the tail is to remove the suction once its time to remove them.

Colour selection: 

They have White, Purple, Pink and Blue.

I would suggest you get the one with colors as I have the white one and it stained the cup badly. The pink color I have is not stained.

My thoughts


This product saves me all the hassle of changing pads, I change pads EVERYTIME when I go to pee.  With this cup, you can pee and Do your number two's without changing the cup as it is inside the vagina canal. While on this cup,  I only empty the cup twice. Once when I wake up and another one before sleeping. So I got myself two of these cups; one for using and the other one when the previous one is drying.

The BEST THING about this cup is that I DON'T FEEL that I'm having my periods. NO BLOOD when you pee and NO BLOOD on your panties. I can even go without using panties.

My only discomfort is dumping the blood in the toilet and then washing this cup and of course inserting and removing the cup. but a little discomfort for a lifetime of savings, I really don't mind.

Now if they can find an alternative for diapers for my kids :D

These product is available in Pakistan from Recircle for Rs 2,000 each. They have more detailed information on how to clean them at their website.

I personally rinse them with water and let them dry. Right before changing the cup, I use an alcohol pad to disinfect the cup before using. They do not recommend using soap because it can cause irritation in the vagina.




0 comments:

Post a Comment