Thursday 14 January 2016

Review: Becca Champagne Pop Jaclyn Hill Highlighter

If you have missed my first series of highlighters review, Anastasia Beverly Hills illuminators, click HERE.

Highlighters are one of my favourite makeup product right now. Whenever its time to apply my highlighter, I get all tingly inside..It makes me happy. I want different tones of highlighters to try.

I already have theBalm Maryloumanizer and Mac Soft and Gentle but Becca was highly praised by Youtubers and Beauty Bloggers around the world. Read tons of positive reviews about their highlighters but the price was kind of the killer. 

Started looking around their highlighters shade..lots of options but what caught my eye was the Champagne Pop color as I am medium skin and this seems to be the in between color. Of course, Jaclyn Hill is a famous Youtuber, I had to get these.

Packaging:

Very sleek round metallic cover with a rubbery finish. The rubbery finish easily catch dirt, you can see my compact is quite dirty on the sides.

Colour and texture:


Peachy golden color.  Unlike Anastasia Beverly Hills So Hollywood, which is more golden, this is more on the peachy side with warmness to it. Not for those looking for a natural look as this is more intense and bright. You only need a little bit for it to show up.

More creamier and softer than ABH illuminator. This has lots of fallout, whenever I slightly dip my brush, the powder is flying everywhere. 

NOT RECOMMENDED for travelling as this will BREAK even with a slight bump. I keep it in my drawer but it already has small cracks. BEWARE!!



Application:

I apply with a fan brush as I felt other brushes makes my pores look bigger. I apply slightly high up my cheekbones where my pores are less visible. 
Under Natural light
Under artificial light

Lasting power:

Very long lasting. I applied this for a day function and it was still there till late night.
After a long day, the highlighter is still intact




0 comments:

Post a Comment