Tuesday 2 August 2016

Orange corrector- Do we actually need it?Featuring LA GIRL PRO HD CONCEALER IN ORANGE

Orange corrector? How far has makeup gone to? From very light concealer- peach corrector- Red corrector and NOW to Orange corrector. How far do we go to get that perfect UNDEREYE look?

Whenever I wear concealer under my eye, it  leaves a grey cast no matter how many layers I apply. So I jumped to try to the orange corrector which is meant to cancel the unwanted tones.

I dont really know about the color wheel and i'm not about to explain. This post will be an experiment on me using the orange corrector on one eye(corrector + concealer)  and the other eye without corrector(using only concealer).

For this experiment, I used an orange corrector from LA GIRL ( their Pro HD concealer). Please note that different brands had different tones of orange. For example, the NYX Orange corrector is a bright orange meanwhile the La Girl is a darker orange. I think it all depends on how you use it lets see...







Its obvious from the picture above, that the eye with the orange corrector is more brightened whilst also looking like my own skin. Meanwhile, the one without the orange corrector, eventhough it looks brightened, there is an obvious grey cast and looks ashy.

It all depends on your preference. Probably if you dont have very dark circles you could get away with only concealer. For me, I need the orange corrector to fully cancel those grey tones.

PLEASE NOTE that you only need the tiniest (less than half a drop) for both eyes as putting too much will make your undereye look too orange even with concealer on top. That is a look no one wants.

What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Really helpful and useful review 👌 Described Very beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really helpful and useful review 👌 Described Very beautifully

    ReplyDelete